Before Google Docs, I used to send myself e-mails or create drafts in my e-mails. While I have a flash drive, there is something very convenient about accessing a document via your e-mail from any computer with Internet access. When I was a student, I was on the move enough that I didn't want to risk incompatible file formats or older computers that didn't take my flash drive.

And then Google Docs came along and it was a major convenience. Especially the ability to share files with other people. Today, I have a total of thirty-six files saved in Google Docs. Some of them are word processing files. Others are spreadsheet files. I've shared files of terms with my partner in my Thesauri Construction class. I've also shared a spreadsheet file of friend and family contact information with my friends who threw me a graduation party. I've created a bills spreadsheet file that I could share. A person also has the ability to chat live about the document that is being shared (See below and click to enlarge). I found this greatly useful; only I've just learned that you can only do this with spreadsheets. Google Docs is currently working to offer this function for the word processing application as well. I also just learned that Google Docs now offers a way to create presentations similar to Powerpoint and Keynote. This is a great tool for group presentations.