Did I ever mention that I boycott MySpace? I boycott MySpace due to how "ugly" it looks. I've seen a few well-designed MySpace pages, but for the most part, I think that MySpace pages break every rule there is in regards to good design. As I've previously mentioned, my preferred "social networking" site is also a blog site: LiveJournal

The other week, however, I gave in and started a Facebook account. And now, I've noticed that Facebook is the first place winner for SEOmoz's Web 2.0 Awards in the Social Networking category; and I wholeheartedly agree. It has a very clean layout. You can also add different applications, such as iLike, which allows you to share clips of songs you like, as well as indicating whether artists you mark as your favorites are currently on tour. You can post messages on your friends' walls. There is an application that allows you to give your friends gifts. You can post a short statement about what you are currently doing or what your current state is. What I really like is that the photo application allows you to tag people in photos. If a photo is tagged with your name, even by another Facebook user, it shows up in an album of "Photos of You." You can also subscribe to Facebook groups. Currently I am a member of the following Facebook groups: The Hollywood Librarian, 1,000,000 Strong for Stephen T. Colbert and American Library Association Members. See below for an edited version of my Facebook page. This way you can at least see the layout and aesthetics of it.