Many of my friends who have started blogs have done so because of a need for self-expression. For some their blogs are personal journals that they want to share with a select group of people. I think using the blog as a learning journal, such as with this program, is an excellent idea. Many of us have been asked to write learning journals when we were younger; and often getting our thoughts out on paper help us to solidify what we have learned. A journal is also something we can look back at as a record of our learning experience. Writing about learning experiences in a blog format adds the element of sharing and collaboration. Now others can read and benefit from our learning experiences. Readers can also add comments and perhaps provide more insight into a mentioned topic. In this way I think I have learned a lot from 23Things. I hope to continue expanding upon my 23 Things entries. There is still so much learn!

Favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey:
I loved exploring the award-winning mashups. Before 23Things, I assumed mashups were exactly like they sounded: haphazard combinations of different web applications resulting in horrible sites with little usability. Again, I recommend Mashup Awards